Monday, December 19, 2005

Season Wrap-up

Well, our busy Christmastime ended yesterday afternoon and now we can REST! After Anne's Christmas concert this past Wednesday, I had a rehearsal and two performances of the musical/oratorio "Saviour" at the First United Methodist Church in Normal, IL. My friend, Janna Peterson, is the choir director there and called me to play when her pianist was unable to continue. We performed the piece (with orchestra and choir) Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning during their worship services.

Friday evening we attended Tremont High School's madrigal dinner. My best friend, Nathan Edwards, is the choir director there and he and the students did a fantastic job! Highlight of the evening for me was the skit "Noah and Joan of Ark," which I performed in when I was in high school 14 years ago--I still remembered most of the lines!

After "Saviour" yesterday morning, Anne and I took Clara to see Santa and one of his reindeer at the Festival of Lights Marketplace. Clara didn't cry and we had our picture taken. Last night Anne and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary with family at my parent's house. Anne's done teaching tomorrow morning, so we're looking forward to some much-needed rest and relaxation!

No comments: